Sunday, August 1, 2010

ART AND SOUL


When I was working out the decor of my loft, I decided I wanted it to feel sort of like an art gallery... 



The first two paintings are "copies" of ones at the DMA. I was there one day looking for inspiration and I kept thinking about how much I wished I could hang those two in my house...until I realized I (kind of) could. I think it really helped me hone in on my own artistic style as well. 



This is one of my original pieces...just red, I know, but there's something I love so much about dramatic colored paintings against stark walls, and I didn't want to detract from the contrast. The texture adds just enough interest for me. 



Another original piece...there is glitter detailing in this one, but more on that later...


Another recreation, this time from a set of paintings at Legacy Books. They have such great art there. I love how this almost looks like a crocodile print...


This piece, which currently resides above my bed, is my latest original work. It was kind of a breakthrough for me, so to speak, in terms of defining my vision as an artist. It's kind of hard to tell, but at the top left hand corner there's black glitter. It started out as something I kind of did on a whim, but I love how it turned out and what it adds to the moody, organic feel of the painting. I will definitely be playing with the embellishment concept for future works, hopefully coming soon, so look forward to pictures...


Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment