Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I. DIE. FOR TIE DYE


So I bought Sarah and I some Panarea sandals from work the other day. You can switch out the straps, so I decided it would be fun to make some tie dye ones. (Pictures coming soon)



After I was done, I had a ton of dye left, so I literally walked around my apartment looking for things to tie dye...



I decided on a couple of pillow cases. I just bought new ones recently, so I had back up in case it didn't turn out...


Other than the fact they they ended up more brownish peach than the ecru color promised by the package, I like the look. I think it adds an interesting pop of pattern to all the neutrals and textures. I'm still debating on if I like the color with my decor though... 






And finally, kind of unrelated, but this is the antler I picked up when Sarah and I went vintage shopping in downtown McKinney the other day. I've been obsessed with finding one ever since my visit to Tillman's Roadhouse (GREAT decor). This one has found a new home on my table and I love it.



1 comment: