Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I've never quite gotten the notion of being "too old to dress up." Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays; I love the freedom of getting to be someone (or something) else for a night. My friend Taurean actually came up my costume idea this year--he kind of has a talent for that--so I ended up as...


Cruella De Vil! When he suggested her, I immediately thought about how fun it would be to take her character and make it a little edgy...so I swapped the huge fur coat for a black (faux) fur vest--courtesy of my friend Lane--and used feathers to suggest her two tone hair as a fun twist. I also had the long cigarette holder (of course), which I'm holding in the last picture.

Barney's Co-op vest, American Apparel dress, and DV by Dolce Vita boots.


Lane as a fabulous penguin and her friend Bethany as chic Scottish pumpkin.


My friend Savannah was MaGruber...complete with bomb...and Sarah was a pinata.


My friend Tina being crazy as Alexa Chung.


Me and my friend Katherine having fun playing dress up. She was such a cute ballerina!


My friend Kelly as Daria (so perfect!) and her friend as "Phyllis." Such an inventive costume...she had a dog and...you know what, somethings just require pictures...


Amazing.





Hope everyone had a fun and fabulous Halloween!




1 comment:

  1. Like! I would have no problem letting my Dalmations stay with you.

    ReplyDelete